1. That our marriage is important to us. We make the time to go on weekly dates and be friends and talk to each other and bond and all that other cheesy, gooey stuff. We love each other AND we like each other!
2. That we are kinda cheap (read more about how we do cheap here and here). Don't get me wrong--we will splurge when we deem it worthy of splurging. But in general, we are cheap. We're always on the look out for good deals and free things to do for our date nights.
3. Lastly, though we're cheap, we like to have fun. And we'll find fun in anything!
|Fake chainsaws are always a good way to go for cheap fun!|
So, we're going to start doing a weekly post called "Honey-we're-going-out-tonight-without-breaking-the-bank!" series. For short, I'll call it the "Let's Go Out Tonight!" Roundup.
In a nutshell, Lee and I will scope out inexpensive or free activities you can do with your significant other in the Wasatch Front, Utah area (sorry, all you out-of-town peeps!) and list them here either on Wednesday or Thursday.
Then, you can ask your significant other (or someone who you'd like to be your significant other) out to a nice afternoon/evening activity for the weekend.
Wink wink, nudge nudge. (tee hee!)
Here's the activities that we've found (and will probably be going to a few of these) for the week of July 18:
- Thursday, July 21 at 9 PM: At the City Park in Park City is a free outdoor screening of "The Music Never Stopped". (I watched it with a friend--the music, story, acting are all wonderful!). See the trailer here. I think Lee will like it, so I gotta figure out how to get him to a showing.
- Thursday, July 21 at 7 PM (gates open at 5 PM): At Pioneer Park is the free Twilight Concert Series where the Decemberists, one of my fave bands, is the headlining band (Typhoon is opening for them). Woot woot! I'm not familiar with Typhoon, but I love me some Decemberists!
- Friday, July 22 at dusk (about 9:45 PM): At Mueller Park Junior High in Bountiful is the Bountiful Handcart Days fireworks--free! (I had to list this since we live up in B-Town and we're planning on hanging out at a friend's pool, having pizza and watching the fireworks.)
- Saturday, July 23 at 8 PM: Real Salt Lake soccer game against the San Jose Earthquakes. Should be a great game! Plus, there are fireworks after the game! I love fireworks! This is not free, but tickets range from $14 and up.
Now for the contest!
Just answer one of the following question in the comments section of the blog and we'll choose one winner at random to win $15.00 worth of gift certificates to Chili's Restaurant--hopefully it will make dating more fun and cheaper for you!
"What is the cheapest date you've been on?"
"What is the cheapest date you've ever taken anyone on?"I just KNOW you all have some funny stories just waiting to be told...so let's here them!
Last day to enter your comment is on Saturday, July 23 at 11:59 pm and we'll announce the winner on Sunday, July 24!