It's 11/1/11. Gotta love it when the date is a palindrome.
11/1/11 just seems like a great day to write a list, set some goals, and get stuff done, doesn't it?
So today, I reviewed my notebook that contains my things-I-want-to-do-in-my-life list and I thought I'd share a few of them here and see if anyone has any insight on how I can accomplish some of these things:
- Write a novel. In fact, Lee and I just signed up to start on this goal. We are doing NaNoWriMo (aka National Novel Writing Month)! Basically, for the whole month of November, our goal is to write a total of 50,000 words--a novel!
- Go to Iceland. As you know, we've been trying to get there as you can see here and here. Still trying and will till we get there!
- Live abroad for an extended period of time (at least 3 months) with my family. France, China, Italy--anywhere!
- Take a glass blowing class. There's got to be a studio somewhere in the valley, but I sure haven't found one yet.
- Take a picture of lightning and have it turn out! Does anyone know the logistics on how to do this correctly?
- Take a ballroom dance class with Lee. This may never work out since Lee refuses to go dancing--a girl can always dream!
- Create a scholarship fund in the sciences or music. I have been given so much and would like to return the generosity.
- Attend a Presidential Inaugural Ball. I just want to go. Don't ask why.
- Drive a zamboni. Does anyone know a zamboni driver that would be willing to lend me their wheels for a spin around the rink?
- Become a master chef of Asian cuisine. I gotta get more Asian points somehow!
- Watch a Civil War reenactment. I had no idea they did these things till I saw Sweet Home Alabama--I'm fascinated now!
- Be an extra in a movie. If anyone has connections and needs "Asian woman #1" in the crowd, I am SO there!
- Learn how to sew. Not the I-sewed-a-pair-of-pajama-pants-in-junior-high kind of sew. More like the project-runway-and-crafty-lady-bloggers kind of sew.
- Read War and Peace in English. Yikes! I need to get a copy.
- Read War and Peace in Russian. Double yikes! Lee brought home a copy from his mission (I only brought home Pushkin and other poets)--I will be reading the English and Russian side by side.
I better get cracking--there's no time like the present! And if you have any lovely thoughts on how to do a few of these things, I'd love to hear your suggestions!
This is my entry in the Just Ask Bucket List Getaway Giveaway. Just Ask offers a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to share 15 things that I want to enjoy in my lifetime as a reminder to be aware of my health. Want to enter? Head over to TodaysMama.com to get the details.