Saturday, March 8, 2014

Let's celebrate International Women's Day more

Happy International Women's Day!

Vosmova Marta (translation: the 8th of March) is the best celebration in Russia in my humble opinion. I always tell people that the 8th of March is like Mother's Day, but for all women and girls.

Flowers are the best!

This is the one day where all the men lavish extra love, attention, flowers, chocolates, gifts on all the women in their lives, young and old. The couple times I've either been in Russia or Belarus for Women's Day, I loved seeing all the women and young girls walking home, carrying flowers they'd received that day. 

I think we need to embrace International Women's Day and celebrate it in the United States, not because of the gifts and flowers (though those would be nice too), but because it's a day to celebrate and thank all the women in your life.

I loved this video that Dove made for International Women's Day. These are my people!



And to my mom, my mom-in-law, my sisters, my sisters-in-law, my grandmas, and my best girlfriends: Thank you for being so amazing--you rock my socks! You make me a better person.

Happy Women's Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What's that you say?