Sunday, September 29, 2013

Project Life 365: Week 38

It has been a cold, cultured, and cocoa-filled week!

It got cold mid-week here in Utah and Lee is in heaven. I, on the other hand, am freezing, because Lee has been reluctant to change to our warmer duvet, turn off the air conditioning, and turn on the heater. He broke down finally (thank goodness!) when I complained loudly enough on Wednesday night trying to get some work done at home.

Besides our temperature differences, it has been a great week and this is how it looked.

September 22: Dinner-ed! We haven't cooked a ton together recently, so it was nice to have a home-cooked meal and have dinner together.

Simple pasta dish!

September 23: I had to complete some continuing education and I did one on new medications that came out this last year. Very interesting stuff that came out in 2012!

Taking some notes for my CE

September 24: Wow--Tuesday was a rough day, a long day and Lee could tell. He decided to grab us a treat, a concrete from Nielsens Frozen Custard, to help me get through some work I still needed to get done. The man is good.

Tin Roof Sundae in chocolate custard--my favorite!

September 25: The weather turned and I was SO cold. Lee made me some hot cocoa, put one of his sweatshirts on me, and put some wool socks on my feet. I didn't check the thermostat, but I am pretty sure it was in the 50s, maybe even in the 40s.

Warming up slowly

September 26: My last day of Read Like a Writer class and we were having some awesome discussions about the writing excerpts we brought in for homework.

My classmate defending his piece he brought

September 27: We had gone over to the Oceans for the Crawfish Party and they had purchased a Crawfish Party packet from Ikea, which even included this lovely crawfish banner. The kids made Lee put it up, and I had to get a picture of them since they were so excited about it and about eating their dessert before bed.

Crawfish Party excitement!

September 28: I headed to my church's women's meeting with Mom K and the Ballerina. The choir that sang during the meeting was made up of all sister missionaries from the Missionary Training Center. When I was in the MTC and sang in the choir, there were usually only about 2 rows of sisters because so few sisters went on missions back then. Things have changed for the better!

Makes me proud, all those sister missionaries

Anyway, I'm sure this will be a crazy upcoming week, but I hope it's a cool one too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What's that you say?