Tuesday, November 12, 2013

11/12/13 and a reason to celebrate your days

Today is 11/12/13.

I like when days line up like that.

We also like finding reasons to celebrate days, because there always seems to be something to celebrate like National Donut Day or National Pizza with the Works Except for Anchovies Day.

Gotta get a pizza with the works but not anchovies

For example, I am a big fan of the following days:

March 14 is Pi Day (3.14): Lee's family has a Pi Day party almost every year. A couple years ago, there was a math quiz that Lee's engineer dad gave us. I almost won the prize--I need to brush up on some of the basics! My mathematician sister, Dimples, would be disappointed that I missed a question on the quiz. She's intense too--she makes pizza pies and dessert pies to celebrate the day.

May 4 is Star Wars Day: May the fourth be with you. Ha ha! Get it?!? May the force be with you! My goal is to go to Disneyland on May 4 one year.

Must go on May 4!

September 19 is National Talk Like a Pirate Day: I was introduced to this fabulous day through a friend, Smiling Danny, when he hosted a party where we all ate Marshmallow Mateys and watched Pirates of the Caribbean.

October 23 from 6:02 am to 6:02 pm is Mole Day: This appeals to my inner chemistry nerd as this represents Avogadro's Number 6.02 x 10^23.

08/08/08: We got engaged that day because 8's are lucky numbers in the Chinese world.

Our "engagement" photos - I'm trying to show off my ring

Are there certain days you like celebrating?

And if not, I think you need to find a special day--your days are always worth celebrating.

1 comment:

What's that you say?