Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Our Crazy Wish List: A Ural Motorcycle with Sidecar

At any given time, Lee and I have list of things we're saving for, things that we deem necessary or practical to purchase, like a new car when our current car has given up the ghost or a trip to visit family members that live in Iowa. That's our Sensible-Things-We-Are-Currently-Saving-For List.

Then we have our Crazy Wish List, where we want something because it would be awesome. We realize it's unlikely we'll ever buy things on our Crazy Wish List, but it's fun and necessary (in my opinion) to dream of crazy, awesome things.

One of the things on our Crazy Wish List is a Ural motorcycle with a sidecar.

Ural Motorcycle plus sidecar (from www.ural.com)

This got onto our list when Lee asked me if we could get a motorcycle. Knowing my husband's luck with breaking bones, I was paranoid and have concluded that a motorcycle would not be a good purchase.

I compromised with him and told him that he could get a motorcycle only if it had a sidecar. I figured that he would be more visible with a sidecar.

I remember seeing the motorcycle sidecar in the movie Bed Knobs and Broomsticks, and I liked how practical it was. You can store lots of stuff in a sidecar, including children, a witch's broomstick, and luggage. Plus, it makes goggles fashionable. Check out Angela Lansbury!

Bed Knobs and Broomsticks

He then found this amazing Ural model with a sidecar: the Red October. It made my little heart go pitter-patter.

The Red October Ural Motorcycle and sidecar

That's when we both got caught up in the awesomeness of the sidecar motorcycle and started dreaming.

I asked if we could wear matching bomber jackets, gloves, goggles, and helmets with a spike on top.

Spiked helmet!

Of course, he agreed.

Then he told me that I would be the driver and he would sit in the sidecar.

What!?! I want to sit in the sidecar!

But he explained: we would fashion a Nerf machine gun like you would see in American Gladiators back in the 90's or one of these babies on the sidecar, so we could ride by our friends' homes and he could hit them with Nerf balls.

Turbo, American Gladiator

Yes, of course, that makes perfectly good sense to buy a motorcycle with a side car now!

The Crazy Wish List has so much potential.

Do you have a Crazy Wish List and what's on it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What's that you say?