Friday, July 12, 2013

Watermelon Summer Berry Salad Recipe + How-To Video!

I'm a list person. I need to make lists, because I feel like I can get stuff done, achieve goals, and take on the world! Plus, I'm kind of forgetful.

Regardless, I find them useful for me.

Lee, on the other hand, is definitely not a list person. So occasionally, I find myself "helping" Lee get stuff done, achieve goals, and take on the world--with a list!

So on his day off, I made him a short list of things for him to do, and one of the things was to figure out what we could bring to share at a neighborhood party later that evening.

And he came up with this fancy recipe--a Watermelon Summer Berry Salad!



I love it--the combination is different and unexpected. The sweet of the watermelon, the tart of the blackberry, the creaminess of the goat cheese, the salt of the prosciutto, the cleanness of the mint, and the bite of the arugula--really come together!

Such a fresh salad - Watermelon Summer Berry Salad!

Lee wanted to practice his plating that he had learned in school also. It looks beautiful! And fancy!

I'm excited for his garde manger class this fall--he's just going to get fancier!

Lee's beautiful plating of his creation - Watermelon Summer Berry Salad

Watermelon Summer Berry Salad

4 c 1-inch cubes of watermelon
6 oz blackberries, blueberries, or boysenberries
2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
2-3 tbsp goat cheese
1 oz prosciutto, chopped coarsely
1 c arugula
2 tbsp chopped mint
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt to taste

Add all ingredients except olive oil, balsamic and salt into a large serving bowl. Add olive oil, vinegar and salt right before you're ready to serve it. Toss lightly to coat ingredients with oil and vinegar.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What's that you say?