Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pastry Wednesday: Almond Horns from Gourmandise

A haiku for you for Pastry Wednesday


Hello, almond horns.


Almond paste and chocolate.


I love Gourmandise.

The end.


So Adnohr was in charge of Pastry Wednesday and she went to Gourmandise.

Gourmandise.  Gourmandise...?

We've all been there.  Lots and lots and lots of times.  And I love Gourmandise!  But I was sure, just SURE, that I'd tried everything there.


But, that's when she whipped out these babies!

Surprisingly, both Sugaraholic and I have never had an Almond Horn.  Shocking, isn't it?

These cookies are sweet with a strong amaretto flavor. The texture was probably the most interesting. It looks like it should be crispy, but it's not.  It's soft and moist and chewy in the middle where the almond paste was folded into the cookie.

You'd think the chocolate dipping would be overkill, but because the cookie is so sweet, the bitterness of the dark chocolate balances it out.


Anyway, it was delightful!

I love getting to know new cookies, don't you?


Gourmandise
250 South 300 East
Salt Lake City, UT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What's that you say?