I'm a little bummed that we won't be able to do a few of the fun things going on this week in the "Let's Go Out Tonight" Roundup. We've got a couple of weddings, a get-together with some old friends, and an annual party of our own that we're throwing on Saturday--we're booked!
|From the 7th Annual Cheese and Italian Soda Party|
But, if YOU should find yourself with little to do and a need to take your sweetheart out, here are a few things you can go do!
- Wednesday, August 10 through Saturday, August 13: The Salt Lake County Fair has all sorts of fair-like activities, concerts, livestock, and contests. THIS fair broke me into my first demolition derby! Oh baby! I was so redneck that night!
- Friday, August 12 at dusk: Movie under the Stars on the southwest lawn on Capitol Hill will be showing Better Off Dead, which happens to be Lee's favorite movie of all time. You just can't beat this eighties classic!
- Saturday, August 13 from 2 to 9 PM: At the Gallivan Center is Craft Lake City! If you're crafty at all (or like to buy crafty stuff), you should go! And it's free!
- Saturday, August 13 from 9 AM to 6 PM: They will be holding a Zumbathon: Dance the Day Away at Washington Square. It's a charity event to raise money for women and children in Senegal, so it does cost $10/person or $5/ person if you've got a team of 3 or more. I LOVE Zumba--I know I look like an idiot when I'm dancing, but it's worth the endorphins!
- Saturday, August 13 basically all day into the night: The Kearns Olympic Oval is having their annual Fire Water Ice Festival. There's swimming, ice skating, games, auctions, bands, fireworks--you name it, they got it. It does cost a little (max is $5), but it's a full day of activities.