This is Lars, if you've never met him.
Isn't his face so cute?!?
Anyway, as you'll notice, he's got a pointy hat on. We got to thinking...what is something that we can make him that requires a pointy top? Think think think.
Of course! Brilliant! We are so smart! S-M-R-T! (name that TV show!)
This is our guide on how to make a candy corn costume for your garden gnome. (Side note: Lee did everything, hence the hairy arms. I just took pictures!)
- 3 pieces of felt (white, yellow, orange)
- Hot glue gun
- Garden gnome
1) Cut the white piece of felt in a triangular shape.
2) Hot-dog cut the yellow and orange pieces of felt.
3) Glue your pieces together (white, yellow, then orange), so that the seams are on one side.
4) Using the stapler, fit the two pieces to the gnome to get the general shape you need.
5) With the marker, mark the general shape of your gnome and cut out.
This is what you should have in the end.
6) Hot glue the edges of the candy corn, one side at a time, with seams out.
7) Once glued, flip the costume inside out, so that the seams are on the inside. Put the costume on your gnome to make sure it fits.
|It's a perfect fit!|
8) Find your gnome's face and draw around the general area. Cut out the area.
And you're done! Doesn't Lars look so cute in his costume? He's come out of the garden for Halloween and is hanging out on our porch next to the pumpkin.
I think his costume was a home run this year! What do you think?