Thursday, September 2, 2010

Name That Band Winner Is...

Before I announce who won the Name That Band contest, I would like to point out that most people that entered had a difficult time deciphering Lee's "awesome" clues.  Here are a couple of comments:
  • I'd just like to say that those are not truly awesome clues--Lee at a dance?  I don't think there's a band named Awkward or Lunge...or maybe they're an indie band.   (Sharon)
  • #1 The Wallflowers (? this is what comes to mind although...Lee, a wallflower? I saw you dance at the Cheese party, maybe I'm off on this one! lol)   (Tana)
  • Pencil lead in a limo? Really?  (Fotohok)
    Without further ado, here are the correct answers:

    Lee's Clue #1: "Me at a dance"                                     Answer:  The Wallflowers
    Lee's Clue #2: "Touted as the next Beatles"                    Answer:  Oasis
    Lee's Clue #3: "What doctors and nurses do"                   Answer:  The Cure
    Lee's Clue #4: "Pencil lead in a limo"                               Answer: Incubus
    Lee's Clue #5: "The first former lead singer of Genesis"      Answer:  Peter Gabriel

    And our winner is Kristi (+Bob) with 4 out of 5 answers correct!  (Yeah, I was shocked somebody got that many!  Well I guess there are some people out there that are on the same brain wave as my crazy husband!)  Kristi has won the family skate pass to Hollywood Connection--congratulations!

    3 comments:

    1. Ok, still looking at No. 4... I can't see how that clue gets you "Incubus" LOL. And The Cure... AAAAAAAAh! Besides what I did guess as a joke - "Save Ferris" all that came to mind was "The Killers". Guess that shows my opinion bias toward the medical profession? ;)

      ReplyDelete
    2. You think your pretty smart Lee, but you wouldn't have known that if you
      didn't have that card infront of you. This guy reads off a card! I would have guessed:
      1. $Texas
      2. Threeve
      3. InDooRs
      4. A leather glove
      5. Ursula Andrus

      ReplyDelete
    3. opps, I really did mean to put Peter Gabriel
      for #5, I guess I was had a brian fart when typing that up and put Cetera instead. Yes, Bob is really in that same crazy brian wave as Lee. Thanks for the fun game and I'm sooo excited to go skating! I'll be sure to post some pics of our families roller skills!

      ReplyDelete

    What's that you say?