Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wanted Poster Photo Booth with Mustaches

I helped my good friend--we'll call her Shelly--with her dad's 80th birthday party recently. 80 years old! He's seen a lot in 80 years!

Shelly has a picture of her dad when he was younger wearing a 10-gallon cowboy hat, so she wanted to throw him a western-themed party.

Awesome Wanted Poster invitiation

I still had these foam mustaches from this baby shower we threw last year, and I knew I had to use them somehow at this party.

Different types of fake mustaches

I decided to make Wanted Poster frames out of foam core for a mobile photo booth. You cut out the center using an Exact-O knife.


I took paper towels and coarsely spread the paint on the frames. It doesn't need to be perfect--in fact, the messier, the better. After the paint dried, I wrote in WANTED and REWARD using a Sharpie marker.


Then, during the party, I recruited a couple of kids who helped me carry the mustaches and the frames, and they encouraged everyone to pose for a picture.


Afterward, you can edit the pictures and change the pictures to sepia tones. It was super fun and I think the pictures turned out well. Here is Juan and his brother--so cute!

Brothers: Wanted!

Juan and his brother didn't need mustaches, but I definitely needed one!

Selfie with a fake mustache!

 Fun stuff! It's an easy, fun way to make a themed party even more themed--give it a try!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What's that you say?