Here's my top 10 favorite things about this General Conference weekend:
1. Hootenanny pancakes (aka German pancakes). Yum! Puffy and crusty and golden and super easy to make for a later weekend morning.
2. Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's "thank you" talk. It's nice being told thank you!
3. Pie at Grandma Malad's after the Priesthood session
4. Elder D. Todd Christofferson's talk about living a consecrated life
5. Lee making bread. He makes it the best. Especially with our homemade applesauce!
6. President Uchtdorf ALWAYS bringing flying airplanes into his talks...and telling us to slow down a little.
7. Dr. Amy's Black Forest Cake for family dinner. Dr. Amy is a friend who served her LDS mission in Germany and makes pretty awesome German food. She made us this Black Forest Cake for us once and it's been on the brain ever since. Chocolate, raspberry filling, whipped cream frosting--yeah, it is decadent!
8. Elder Gerrit Gong talked about his grandmother blessing all his future generations. He's Asian. Go Asians! And little Asian grandmas!
9. While we were billy-goating, I noticed how pretty the leaves look and how the light is different looking this time of year--warmer, more golden.
10. President Monson's attitude of gratitude talk
Wasn't it just a great weekend? So, what was your favorite thing about General Conference weekend? Or just this weekend in general? Did you have a fave talk? Did you make something super yummy? Did you get together with friends or family? What did you do?