Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year and Happy New Day

Last night, Lee and I headed to Midway to spend New Year's Eve. Lee's sister, the Prima Ballerina, recommended a Mexican restaurant called Tarahumara, so we headed to dinner before going to a New Year's Eve party.

We were seated at a table across from the bar while we enjoyed the chips and a choice of 27 different salsas. Because it was so busy, I didn't see the sign that hung underneath the TV. 

The sign said, "It's never too late to start the day over."

Tarahumara's words of wisdom: It's never too late to start the day over

Every year, I get so excited for New Year's goals.  But then I get discouraged easily when I run into a bad day or get side-tracked from my goals.

I think I love the New Year like I love a new journal. 

It's clean and full of potential to be filled with all the amazing ideas I'll have and reports of those amazing days that will find its way into those pages. It's ALSO open and full of potential to be filled with some bad ideas and bad days too!

How will this year turn out? 

I'm sure there will be some good days and there will be some not-so-good days too.

But I like the motto for this year--it's never too late to start the day over, especially if it's a bad one!

The Ice Castles at Midway

Here's to the New Year with everything it has to offer!

Happy New Year from the Redds!

4 comments:

  1. I love the new year, too! I love what you said about how you love it like you love a new journal. I feel so much the same way. I get really excited to do some new things, but it's hard to keep that motivation over time. What a great idea to remember that every day can be a new beginning! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not so great about keeping up my motivation at times, so hopefully this mindset will work!

      Delete
  2. I love Tarahumara... We've been know to drive to Midway just for dinner sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're planning on returning for sure and I can see why you'd go just for the food!

      Delete

What's that you say?