Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Seven Things I Resolve NOT to do in 2011

Well folks, it's that time of the year again--time for New Year's Resolutions!

I love this time of the year.  I have a new sense of hope, drive, and commitment.  2011 is my oyster!

Our  billy goats we got for Christmas


Jim Collins, a motivational writer/speaker, puts a twist on the age-old January tradition--he has a "stop doing" list as part of his Resolutions.  He asks if you woke up with $20 million dollars and only 10 years to live, what would you be doing?  In a nutshell, are there things that are draining you of your most valuable asset, your time? 
My watch for our 2-year anniversary!

So here are a few things that I resolve to "stop doing" this year:

1.  Stop worrying about what other people think about me--both the good and the bad.

With the Homestead Toad


2.  Stop watching NCIS and all those other murder solving shows.   I get crazy dreams from them.  And I just can't stop watching after one show because they have these day and night marathons!

Guess Who!

3.  Stop a) forgetting to call my family and friends on a regular basis and b) not suggesting to do something with them if they're in town.  I have awesome family and friends--of course, I need to spend more time with them.  I'm thinking Skype...?

Crazy Chan Christmas!

4.  Stop eating chocolate with soy lecithin.  Waxy chocolate--blech!  Why would I continue to waste good calories on bad chocolate?!?

5.  Stop complaining to people that can't do anything about it.  And probably, stop complaining in general, because most people don't want to hear it!  This is an old quote from my high school band teacher.  He is wise.

Lee at our favorite restaurant, The Dodo

6.  Stop procrastinating when it comes to a few things that I've procrastinated:
  • Learning Cantonese (so I can start on my genealogy)
  • Redesigning our blog (so it looks and works better)
  • Putting up pictures in certain rooms in our home (yes, we've lived in our apartment for a couple years and still not a single picture in our entertainment room)

7.  Stop falling out of chairs.  It's really a bad habit.

Falling falling falling

What would be on your "stop doing" list for 2011?

Lee's 2nd year anniversary watch

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What's that you say?